A thrill seeker (Ben Gowans) convinces two friends to hike into a remote canyon.
Three Friends 

1. Ben Gowans 

2. Jason Cox 

3. Clay Craig

Plan of Trip

I (Ben) chose what I thought was the easiest canyon. I(Clay Craig) think he was trying to convert us into becoming mountain men.Grade school teachers Ben Gowans , Jason Cox ,Clay Craig are setting out on a spring break adventure. They met when they were in college together. They were in the School of Education.

 Ben plans to take his friends on a day trip through the narrow canyons of Utah. The first time I went, canyon hearing was so exciting. Clay and Jason, they were my buddies already. Ben had been researching some different hikes, and I think he was trying to convert us into becoming a mountain mountain man.
3 Friends Survive Being Trapped In A Deep Chasm Overnight


 ‘’Jason has been feeling sick All morning Even though I wasn't sure, I was sure that I wanted it to be the three of us to go do something together. So I agreed on going Canyon area.’’ 

 The drive down was really fun. They just joked around and had great conversation. We were pretty lighthearted. I mean, we were laughing and having a good time and we all three felt good about the trip.The three friends have said goodbye to their wives and children And driving 50 kilometers into the wilderness. Jason was just really sick, not feeling well at all. And they were saying, you can go back to the car if you'd like. It'll only be a few hours. Jason kept saying, I'm OK. I'm all right. So They kept going. You know, I think in the back of my mind, I was hoping that Jason would say, I can't do this. Let's turn around and go back. ‘’(Jason)There were two things going on in my mind at that time. I'm not a quitter, so I didn't want to give up on it. And then the other thing was, what am I going to do for two to four hours? You know, I didn't really want to sit in a vehicle for that long.’’

Start of Adventure


The adventure kicks off with an adrenaline charged challenge. They'll have to down an eight meter cliff face to the start of the CANYON system.Ben has chosen a circular route through the canyons and back to their vehicle.There's no way they could climb back up the way they came. It was probably a twenty five foot drop.Once they went over that point, there really was no option of going back up the canyon.

But up ahead, the winding canyon lies open and the adrenaline of the AB sale is coursing through ben Ben was extremely excited.I was in heaven. I was having the time, my life. Ben and his friends find themselves in an oil inspiring and surreal landscape.Ben was having a great time laughing, joking, and Jason still wasn't feeling that great. ‘’I(Clay) mean, the canyons kind of like a it's a maze. There are places that it's just wines around. There are places that are that are so tight that you have to turn sideways to get through.’’ ‘’And to me, just being deep in the slot canyons where the walls are narrow and twisting and and the light and just the scenery and all the things that you can only see and you can only do by going Canyon area. That's what really appealed to me.’’

 But the beauty of the canyons can distract even the vary from the dangers that lie within.The canyon offers a variety of routes from the very easy to the virtually impossible and soon Ben faces a choice. Yeah, I think so. Look. The G.P.S has a saying a little further on. I was using the G.P.S., but I was also using a description that we had printed off the Internet.A shallow down climb that led into the bottom of the Sandy Canyon, the G.P.S said we needed to go 90 feet farther. But what I was seeing right in front of me was exactly like the description. Yeah.So having never used the G.P.S. before, I thought that I knew better. So I thought this matches the description. I'm going to go down here. The friends have made a critical error. Ignoring the G.P.S they've missed their trail. They're now entering the canyons most technically difficult route. Once They started down the canyon, the walls started to climb and get higher and closer and closer. They dont know it yet, but the three friends are at the entrance to one of the narrowest canyons in the world.

Jason is worried the roof. Ben suggested, shouldn't be this extreme. Ben continue to enjoy as they got deeper down into the slot and it got darker into some someplace and they couldn't even see the sky. The canyon got narrower and narrower. I started to get nervous about whether or not we'd chosen the right spot. The canyon is so narrow. It's not long before they have to leave the safety of solid ground. Now they use a technique called stemming. You put your knees up against one wall and your backside up against the next and you kind of shimmy your way until you can get to another spot.I was rather in my old world. He never said it would be this narrow. That's when I remember them starting to voice concern.

It was after that it started to occur to me that this isn't quite exactly what the description explained. I could tell that they claimed Jason just they weren't ready for it. It was too much. The higher above the canyon floor they get, the more nervous. Jason becomes. The Canyon no resemblance to the description. Ben accepts for the first time that he's made a massive navigational mistake. Instead of the planned beginner's route? Ben has led them into the toughest grade canyon with no experience and little equipment.

 Ben: I'd plan the trip. This was my doing and I was feeling an urgency to get out now that the pleasure of the canyon was gone. Well, now, Ben. Ben doesn't want to scare his friends. He decides they should press on.Once we got to the point where I knew we had to get out down canyon to me was the only option. Because looking at the walls of the canyon, they were straight up. Jason's backpack has left him wedged in a 60 centimeter gap with a million tons of rock pressing against him.I felt for the first time, just like everything was closing in on me.I really thought I was going to blackout.Jason is trapped far below his two friends through Ben's mistakes.

 They're on the toughest route in the canyon with no idea what lies ahead. And with no climbing equipment, the overhang that provided a fun IBSA on the way in now poses an impossible obstacle to a way out.I'm gonna think of something. The deadly web of Canyon's is leered the men now holds them trapped with no way back and no way out. Then the group leader presses on in search of a way out. Up ahead.That just went forever in this V-shape. Clear out.I just thought this is not the way it was way past the abilities of all of us. He returns with bad news. We can't go that way. It's even narrower. It's freezing me out. Keep good how we're going to get out of here. Jason was just kind of screaming saying I'm wedged down in this canyon and I kept asking Ben, what are we going to do?

We can't go the other way. I think I got a stuck. I don't know. I had 100 percent trust in Ben, and I remember the time that Ben said to me, I don't know what to do. And. That scared me to death. Ben has led his friends into a trap. A simple hike that should have taken just three hours has taken eight. And it will soon be getting dark.

3 Friends Survive Being Trapped In A Deep Chasm Overnight Part 2


0 Comments